Tuesday, April 13, 2010

SteamPunk Gadget Crafts!!

One of the coolest aspects of SteamPunk, especially when it comes to costuming is the gadgets. This area allows a lot of room for creativity as well. You can make practically anything into a SteamPunk inspired gadget if you are creative enough and think outside the box. The couple of websites I am going to share with you today are prime examples of this.
Ever since I started this blog a few of my friends have been sending me links to different sites that they think I may find interesting (thanks guys!), and I am now going to share a few with you. The first is: http://oculoid.com/bizarre-stylish-steampunk-creations/ This is a post on oculoid.com which is some sort of blog space dedicated to all things art. The creator has devoted a whole page to different SteamPunk gadgets that people have made, and some of them are really neat so you should check it out (my favorite is the iPod cover where the dial is a gear). The only thing that I don’t like about this page is that there is no explanation on how these people made any of this stuff, so if anyone wants to try and make some pieces like these, you are pretty much on your own on trying to figure out how.
This next site was brought to my attention by my friend who also has a blog here called Green and Crafty. The site that she showed me is on the other hand is all about the “how-to.” People post their creations on here and most tell you how they got the idea and how they made it. So if you are so inclined you can post your own crafty creations on this site, or you can browse around for inspiration. Go to: www.craftster.org just type in SteamPunk and tons of results come up! So check these out and be inspired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers